Lienau AV Associates, an award-winning independent manufacturers’ representative firm for the professional AV industry, is seeking a driven sales associate with experience in the areas of Professional Audio/Video Systems and/or Live A/V Production in the Metro New York and Northern New Jersey regions.
We’re looking for a creative, career oriented, multi-faceted individual who can generate sales for the manufacturers we represent by managing a highly diverse customer base of systems integrators, consultants, production companies, and retailers. The ideal candidate would engage in activities & behaviors consistent with (but not limited to) the following:
- Establish trust & build relationships to grow business with existing accounts
- Prospect, identify & develop sales opportunities with new accounts / new markets
- Have the long-term vision to see potential in even the smallest accounts & introduce them to our manufacturers’ products and solutions
- Be able to articulate complex products / technologies effectively to both inexperienced and highly advanced users
- Listen to customer needs/applications and recommend the appropriate technology solution
- Independently & efficiently manage time & schedule appointments without being micro-managed
- Have the ability to fluidly and comfortably adapt presentation styles to fit any customer environment - from Architect to DJ
- Aggressively pursue sales while holding to a high ethical standard consistent with our 70-year company heritage
- Have the discipline to make/manage appointments independently and operate from a home office
- Functional knowledge of general AV concepts and technologies
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong sales, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license & clean driving history
Highly desirable, but not required:
- Infocomm CTS certification
- CAD, EASE, Smaart software experience
Additional Salary Information: Lienau AV Associates offers a complete compensation package consisting of a highly competitive base salary, commissions & bonus, health benefits, a company vehicle, expense reimbursement, and matching IRA contribution.
Lienau AV Associates is an independent manufacturers’ representative firm serving the professional audio, video, lighting, and MI retail markets since 1948. We offer our partners a complete, turn-key solution for technical sales and marketing, technical training, field support, and distribution in the Mid-Atlantic, Metro NY and New England regions.
Nearing 70 years in business, we’ve learned th...at long-term relationships are built on trust, and trust is earned through diligence and integrity. Our consultants, systems integrators, broadcast & production clients, and retailers rely on us to bring them innovative products & solutions to meet their customers’ needs. Our manufacturers rely on us to consistently deliver their brand message and passionately present their products and technologies. We honor both of these trusts with a creativity and tireless ethic that makes Lienau AV Associates unique among our peers.