About us: Oblong Industries is changing the way people work, play, and communicate. Based in downtown Los Angeles, CA with offices in Boston, Chicago, DC, NYC, Palo Alto, and Barcelona, Spain, our technology was the basis for the computers depicted in the film Minority Report®. Mezzanine™, our flagship product for innovative workplaces, is the next-generation conference room technology which amplifies sales presentations, boosts multi-location collaboration, and makes team work sessions more productive. This position can be located in New York City or Boston. Learn more at www.oblong.com!
What you would do: As an on-site Installation Engineer / AV Integrator, you will be responsible for integrating Oblong and 3rd-party technology into our customers' environments. This includes on-site physical installation, cabling, and configuration of Oblong's systems into the customer's environment which will require AV integration knowledge and experience. In addition, this role requires coordination, logistics, execution, systems integration, project management, and customer training for our high-end deliverable solutions to our worldwide customers.
You will also have the opportunity to task your analytical and technical mind in helping to hone and polish our current and forthcoming solutions. You must have a strong understanding of computing systems & networking technologies and a willingness & ability to assemble and manage light physical construction of our systems.
• Work directly with customers to ensure successful implementation and support of Oblong technology
• Perform site surveys
• Specify system configuration and maintain bills of materials
• Assemble and prepare hardware and software for delivery to customers
• On-site physical installation of Oblong's solutions (display mounting, computer racking, cable management, etc.)
• Installation and configuration of Oblong’s Mezzanine software
• Integration into the customer’s environment (network, security policies, etc.
• Site documentation
• Customer support
• Continued development of installation procedures
• Assist in continued development of customer support processes and procedures
• Assist in new hardware qualification
• Assist in logistics for on-site delivery
What we look for: The right person for this position has a proven track record of integrating high end AV systems into demanding enterprise customer environments. You are naturally well organized, highly adaptable, and very comfortable interacting directly with clients. You are a quick learner who excels at creating and implementing on-the-spot solutions and thinking on your feet. You're also comfortable diving into the hardware, software, and networking of a complex system and are excited about managing logistics, processes, and configuration to help mature and support a growing product.
• 3+ years experience implementing enterprise AV solutions; certification (e.g. CTS) a plus
• A high degree of comfort configuring and troubleshooting computer hardware
• Experience administering computers and networks, and working inside servers
• Experience with Linux and comfort working at the command line
• Strong knowledge of networking technologies
• Capable of physical labor & light construction; ability to create and maintain a safe work environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to comfortably and professionally interface with customers
• Exceptionally organized and detail oriented
• Works well autonomously and as part of a team
• Willing to travel up to 50%, sometimes internationally
• Linux systems administration or IT experience
• Video Teleconferencing experience (Cisco, Polycom, Lifesize, etc.); certification a plus
• Experience remotely supporting systems
Benefits and perks:
• Competitive compensation package of salary and stock options
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• 401K plan