Video Corporation of America is an equal opportunity employer. We are known for delivering the highest quality engineering, craftsmanship and professional services across an array of media professionals. Join a team that takes pride in delivering what it promises, when it promises. ?
Project Manager, Full Time, Competitive Salary, Benefits, 401k
When the project manager does a job well done the outcome is the following:
- Assigned projects are managed and executed to exceed customer expectations.
- Assigned projects are managed and executed to optimize profitability for VCA.
- Projects are planned and coordinated with clear and specific project scopes, plans, schedules.
- Project plans, schedules and regular status updates are communicated to all stakeholders in the form and manner appropriate to their roles.
- An environment of team commitment to the joint goals of customer satisfaction and project profitability for all projects is created, promoted and maintained
- Coordinates and insures complete and appropriate communication to all project stakeholders throughout each project, including regular status reports.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with clients and consultants
- Coordinates and maintains the project schedule for VCA and its participation. Coordinates VCA’s schedule with the customer’s master project schedule.
- Ensure each project has a detailed project plan which is communicated to all project participants and which will produce the highest quality product in the most economical and timely manner
- Ensure that each project has all the requisite elements for success available in a timely manner, including equipment, labor and materials supply.
- Responsible and accountable for the financial P&L of each project throughout the project life cycle from award thru closeout. Achieve positive project variances.
- A person successfully executing the responsibilities of this position will perform the following major activities:
- Initiate and conduct VCA internal project kick off meetings for every project
- Clearly identify all stakeholders and their roles. Create a project directory to capture this information and communicate it to all team members.
- Understand fully the scope, customer expectation, budgets and specific conditions of each project. Aggressively address all questions, concerns and disconnects with the appropriate stakeholders at the earliest possible time after discovery.
- Create, communicate and update a project schedule, including internal VCA milestones as well as external deliverables, in the form appropriate to each project.
- Ensure the Bill of Materials (BOM) is reviewed and confirmed by the project engineer in an expedited manner and then release for procurement.
- Ensure build ready engineering is completed per the schedule, and all issues that arise during engineering receive expedited attention from client, account team and the project engineer as may be required.
- Communicate release of engineering for build, and associated build and test schedules, clearly to all VCA team including fabrication, programming and T&V.
- Engage and communicate with subcontractors on all details of both their business and project scope relationships. Approve all subcontractor invoices for payment consistent with both subcontract terms and work performed.
- Ensure all required non BOM materials are identified and obtained in a timely manner.
- Ensure all VCA, consultant and/or client required Quality Assurance procedures are executed and passed including but not limited to: pre-production shop drawing submittals/reviews, shop test and staging and final system commissioning.
- Review performance of every project at least weekly, initiating corrective actions where appropriate
- Use the lowest labor cost available and appropriate for any task
- Establishes clear warranty start dates upon substantial completion and communicates such dates to VCA Service.
- Ensures punch lists are fully resolved and each project is fully closed out in a timely manner. Advises team, including service, on final completion.
- Ensures clients are communicated with regularly and appropriately throughout each project.
- Adds positively each day to VCA’s "can do" culture and performance based mutual accountability.
While not the major thrust of this position, the following tasks also need to be completed by the person in this job:
- Use exiting contacts and introductions to help sell the goods and services of VCA
- Stay engaged in industry and business trends especially how they relate to the construction and technology markets
- Assist the sales effort and offer support?
The degree to which the person in this position performs well will be determined by assessing performance in accord with the following criteria or measures:
- Average project cost budget variance is 4% or better in our favor
- Projects are completed on time per the project schedule.
- Average billable hour utilization is maintained at 70% or better.
- Customer expectations are met or exceeded as indicated by a preponderance of positive feedback.
The person in this position reports to: Vice President of Technical Services
The person in this position works closely with: Salespersons, Sales Engineers, Project Engineers, Programmers, Fab/Install Team, Systems Analysts (T&V), Project Coordinators, Project Accountants, Purchasing, Warehouse/Operations.