Overview of RAND Corporation
The RAND Corporation is a nonprofit institution that helps improve policy and decisionmaking through research and analysis. For over 60 years, decision makers in the public and private sectors have turned to RAND for objective analysis and effective solutions that address the issues that matter most, such as health, education, national security, international affairs, law and business, and the environment. Our research is commissioned by a global clientele that includes government agencies, foundations, and private-sector firms. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, RAND has approximately 1,700 people from more than 50 countries working in offices in North America, Europe, and the Middle East, with research organized across ten units and annual revenues of more than $250 million.
Reporting to the Facilities Supervisor, this position is responsible for providing audio visual support for board meetings, conferences, outreach events, and staff meetingsin the RAND Washington office (Arlington, VA). Produces and supports complex live events as well as virtual meetings, including web meetings and video teleconferencing. The position is also responsible for providing oversight for AV installations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with local and remote RAND Event Coordinator(s) to produce on-site and multi-site meetings, events, and web meetings, including communicating with customers, providing budget estimates, floor plan development, coordinating presenter content, providing direct meeting support and coordinating post-event deliverables.
- Supports a wide array of AV equipment/services including: video teleconferencing, projection systems and flat panel displays, audio systems, wireless microphone systems, camera operation and video recording, lighting, control systems, conference telephones, and collaborative technology such as SMART Boards and touch screen interfaces.
- Oversees AV system installations, including on-site vendor coordination, system testing and quality control.
- Performs advanced testing, trouble shooting of AV equipment, routine preventative maintenance, basic equipment and infrastructure repair, including coordination with outside vendors for complex issue resolution.
- Responsible for a specific AV service or services such as SMART Board networks, webinars or VTC and coordinates support, training, maintenance, and metrics for that service.
- Provide basic video shooting and audio and video post-production services such as basic editing, and video compression.
- Establishes and maintains accurate AV equipment inventory and service maintenance logs.
- Develops and maintains accurate system and event setup drawings and diagrams.
- Sets and strikes event equipment and support furniture, including easels, backdrops, podiums and stage dressing.
- Provides customer training on AV equipment use and best practices.
- Completes and tracks work requests through automated work-ticket system.
- Leads Continuous Improvement projects.
- Collects, develops and maintains department metrics.
- Stays abreast of AV technologies and evaluates appropriateness of technology solutions.
- May require travel (5%).
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Basic video shooting and audio and video post-production services
- Infocomm CTS Certification strongly preferred; must be able to attain CTS certification within 1 year of hire
- Computer: PC proficient, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Communication: Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
May require one or more of the following:
- Must be able to pass a pre-employee background check
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to work flexible hours (some evenings and weekends)
- Able to obtain a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to bend and move freely inside and outside of office building
Bachelor’s degree preferred
1-2 required, 3-5 years preferred
Must be able to obtain a security clearance
If you would like to be a member of an organization that is working to find solutions to today’s difficult, sensitive and important problems, please apply online at our website: www.rand.org/jobs/id3665 and reference Job ID# 3665. RAND offers competitive benefits including vacation pay, medical benefits, and tuition reimbursement. EOE.