Reporting to the Facilities Supervisor, this position is responsible for the operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of RAND’s East Coast AV infrastructure and providing and overseeing AV support in the Washington office (Arlington, VA). Position also provides project management and system verification for AV installations in RAND’s East Coast offices and acts as local liaison with IS department.
Duties and Responsibilities
May perform any or all of the following duties:
- Works closely with local and remote RAND Event Coordinator(s) to produce on-site and multi-site meetings, events and web meetings, including communicating with customers, providing budget estimates, floor plan development, coordinating presenter content, providing direct meeting support and coordinating post-event deliverables.
- Produces on-site multi-camera productions, utilizing RAND equipment and/or overseeing outside AV vendor rental or production companies. Knowledge of basic video shooting and audio and video post-production services.
- Directly responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of RAND’s AV infrastructure including AV VLAN networks, projectors, displays, VTC systems, AV switchers, lighting and control systems.
- Directly responsible for project management and delivery of AV system installations, including budget tracking, vendor relationship, administration paperwork and system verification processes. Ensures punch lists are accurate and completed in a timely fashion, and projects are completed on schedule and on budget.
- Produces on-site multi-camera productions, utilizing RAND equipment and/or overseeing outside AV vendor rental or production companies. Knowledge of basic video shooting and audio and video post-production services such as basic editing, and video compression.
- Develops and performs advanced testing, trouble shooting of AV equipment, routine preventative maintenance, basic equipment and infrastructure repair, including coordination with outside vendors for complex issue resolution.
- Develops and maintains procedures for technical-issue reporting, accurate AV equipment and service maintenance logs.
- Develops and maintains system drawings and setup diagrams.
- Sets and strikes event equipment and support furniture, including easels, backdrops, podiums and stage dressing.
- Maintains accurate AV programming code inventory and implements system updates through internal RAND Change Management processes.
- Provides customer and AV staff training on AV equipment use and best practices.
- Completes and tracks work requests through automated work-ticket system.
- Leads Continuous Improvement projects.
- Collects, develops and maintains department metrics.
- Stays abreast of AV technologies and provides input to AV Supervisor for future system development and AV services strategy planning.
- May require travel (10%).
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic video shooting and audio and video post-production services.
- Video Teleconferencing network deployment and maintenance.
- AV specific equipment networking deployment and maintenance, including interfacing with existing computer network and RAND's IS department.
- Performs advanced audio digital sound processing programming (Clearone preferred) and Extron control programming as required.
- Infocomm CTS or CTS-I Certification strongly preferred. Must be able to attain CTS certification within 6 months of hire.
- Computer: PC proficient, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 2 years AV installation project management experience.
- May require on or more of the following:
- Must be able to pass a pre-employee background check
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to work flexible hours (some evenings and weekends)
- Able to obtain a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to bend and move freely inside and outside of office building
Must be able to obtain a security clearance
If you would like to be a member of an organization that is working to find solutions to today’s difficult, sensitive and important problems, please apply online at our website: www.rand.org/jobs/id3668 and reference Job ID# 3668. RAND offers competitive benefits including vacation pay, medical benefits, and tuition reimbursement. EOE.