Illuminating Concepts is looking for an experienced AV Specialist with a background in audio and visual design & implementation and or lighting control design.
Purpose: The Audiovisual specialist coordinates and manages design specifics as well as support project Directors. They provide hands on detailed work directly related to projects. With the influence of the design team, AV specialists are able and encouraged to proactively create designs from concept to implementation for IC projects. The ideal candidate will be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and interact with interdisciplinary project teams.
The Audiovisual Specialist will have practical experience with audiovisual systems and work closely with the Design team by providing engineering, technical, programming and post-installation support to customers. The primary role of the Audiovisual Designer is implementing audiovisual systems which include equipment configuration, troubleshooting, minor programming, loading and testing control code, and other related activities. Updating documentation drawings, spreadsheets, and archiving of equipment files at project completion, customer training, and team participation are important parts of the AV position. Confidence, professionalism, accuracy, attention to detail, punctuality and good communication skills are attributes required for success.
Some Essential Functions and responsibilities:
- Demonstrates understanding of pulling together fixtures and lamp specifications as directed
- Able to execute cut sheet development as required by measured specifications
- Performs development and execution of detailed work to include but not limited to read drawings, creating mock-ups, design control and dimming, kinetic features, documentation for control systems, product testing, wiring diagrams, etc.
- Participate in project and team meetings by engaging, asking questions and taking notes
- Attend and participate in charrette sessions
- Contribute to and assemble presentations that include but not limited to imagery, complete detail sketches, general understanding of layout of presentation, basic understanding of rendering work, concept development, etc.
- Demonstrates understanding and use of IC equipment such as; light meters, cameras, scanners, Demo and testing equipment, etc.
- Ensures organization of incoming hard copy and electronic project documentation
- Collaborate with CAD to implement red lines
- Competitive salaries
- Fun and innovative work environment
- Casual attire and flexible hours
- Opportunities to travel
- Employee-driven career development advantages
- Supportive learning environment
- Full Medical and Dental coverage (STD, LTD, basic life, vision discounts)
- Good paid time off package including vacation, personal time and sick leave
- Vast learning opportunities