Audio Visual Technician, AutoCAD
Worksite location and Zip Code: This position is in Washington, DC (20410) and is Metro Accessible.
Job DescriptionFor a highly visible business environment in support of a major federal agency, OMNITEC Solutions (www.omnitecinc.com) needs an AV / Broadcast Technician who is a proven team player capable of performing a wide range of tasks under minimal supervision. AutoCAD skills are required.
Duties and Responsibilities1. Daily check up of all systems and any other specified areas that are addressed by the end users;
2. Maintain and modify the entire plant AutoCAD drawings using the standards outline by the facility director;
3. Conducting weekly Preventive Maintenance and logging the findings or needs in the facility scheduling system;
4. Troubleshooting technical issues in studio control rooms, auditoriums, editing systems, router systems and the core for the facility;
5. Other duties as assigned;
6. This position may occasionally require hours to be worked outside of the 8am-5pm M-F time frame, which could include early mornings or late nights, or occasional weekend coverage to fulfill the needs of the facility/client.
Required Skills1. 6+ years experience installing and supporting audio visual systems, and their integration with broadcast systems;
2. AutoCAD drawing creation, modify CAD drawings as systems are reconfigured;
3. Some level of Crestron programming.
Additional Helpful Skills1. Ability to accurately read and interpret schematics and drawings;
2. Good written and oral communication skills;
3. Knowledge of Audia equipment;
4. Working with an OMNEON Media server;
5. Degree in engineering with a focus on CAD design preferred;
6. Crestron certification of programming preferred;
7. Any additional skills with VTC Video Conferencing or Webcasting are helpful.
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmation Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.