Manage strategic technology recommendations and oversee the audio visual integration support operation, including participation in all aspects of the integration projects from the design phase through to testing and client training. Provide technical expertise to the Management Team and Clients, offering state-of-the-art solutions and forward-thinking approaches to system design.
Responsibilities AND DUTIES
- Continually research and provide evaluation on industry-wide technology trends
- Provide expert-level familiarity with AV systems and equipment; intuitively interact with new equipment and applications with ease and familiarity
- Manage the full life cycle of integration projects; take the business requirements from the client and define the full integration design in support of their communication goals
- Manage operational aspects of integration projects and scope
- Manage the clients’ expectations with regards to scope and timeline
- Serve as the communication hub between the client, the implementation team and the management team by effectively and regularly communicating integration project expectations to project team members and stakeholders.
- Serve as liaison between the Assistant Project Manager and the facilities contractors responsible for installing components critical to AV operations (power, data etc.). Ensure a timely and accurate integration of these non AV components within the installation timeline.
- Establish integration documentation and ensure proper metrics and utilization are tracked
- Facilitate meetings as needed to keep project on track and project teams/stakeholders well informed on project status; Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Create/update drawings as needed for room modifications and installations
- Provide regular equipment recommendations for upgrade and maintenance
- Maintain project stability and velocity by proactively managing changes in integration project scope, identifying potentials pitfalls and devising contingency plans
- Supervise AV Installers and Installation teams. Motivate teams to work together in the most efficient manner, mitigating team conflict and communication problems
- Perform Quality Control (QC) procedures to assure completed installation meets original design and intent requirements including, but not limited to, VC operation, PC/Laptop connectivity and display, audio and video performance both in room and to far end, configuring VC codec options, and control system operation from a user’s perspective.
- Post room QC create punch list and manage installer fixes as needed.
- Carry out basic engineering troubleshooting in existing conference rooms; proactively provide ideas to improve users and technicians’ experience in the room
- Self-motivation to research and test new technologies; enthusiasm for technology solutions and new approaches to familiar challenges
- In-depth knowledge of legacy and cutting-edge multimedia systems and equipment used in best-in-class conference centers
- Candidate must have a commitment to excellence and to ongoing education in A/V, broadcast engineering or IT and to the mastery of his or her craft
- Strong writing and engineering documentation skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills related to A/V design & equipment
- Ability to interface effectively with a variety of people including team personnel, clients and vendors to establish productive, ongoing relationships
- A strong sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution is critical
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism in a multicultural corporate environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, CAD and/or Visio. Familiarity with Lotus Notes a plus.
- Ability to read, speak and effectively communicate in the English language
- Familiar with all types of AV equipment and control systems, including AMX and Crestron
- Understanding of LAN/WAN hardware and software for switches, hubs, routers, bridges, modems, multiplexors, point-to-point data circuits via copper and fiber for audio and video
- Ability to liaise with other departments and contractors to coordinate and facilitate installation process and progress.
- Ability to liaise with manufacturers and integrators to install, test and recalibrate new and newly repaired gear
- Ability to read and notate on high-level schematics, signal flow diagrams and construction drawings
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Minimum 7+ years A/V, broadcast or integration experience; large market/facility
- 5+ years’ experience in design, installation and integration
- Experience with Video or AV Engineering and Maintenance preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering, Communications or related field. Technical school training with equivalent experience also considered.
- Infocomm CTS, CTS-D and/or CTS-I, PMP certification are desired