Senior A/V System Technician
Security and Data Technologies, Inc. (SDT) is seeking a Senior Audio Visual Technician with integration experience in the corporate, educational, new construction markets.
About us: Security and Data Technologies, Inc. (SDT) has been serving the Greater Philadelphia area for over 25 years, providing Fire, Security, Card Access, Surveillance, Paging, Nurse Call, and Audio Visual systems to the electrical contractor marketplace.
- You must have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience, installing, troubleshooting, programming AV systems including proper wiring and installation techniques.
- CTS required, CTS-D or CTS-I preferred but not necessary for employment but must be obtained upon employment.
- Manage small and medium sized low voltage projects
- Experienced in mounting audio video equipment on both wall and ceiling.
- Must be proficient in proper cable terminations, including soldering.
- Be able to climb stairs and access construction projects where uneven and cluttered conditions may exist.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of project requirements and objectives including contractual, financial, technical, schedule, construction coordination, materials, personnel, and scope of work.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Complete understanding of AV installation, construction techniques or structured cabling techniques.
- Must be proficient with hand/power tools, wiring/cabling and termination, low voltage wiring, trim-out and installation of wall and ceiling mounts.
- Comprehension of wiring schematics and architectural drawings.
- Experience with or basic understanding of test equipment.
- Excellent organization skills and the desire to work for a professional company.
- Basic and advanced wiring and installation of hardware.
- Crestron programming experience.
- Extron programming experience.
- Experienced is setting up projectors and lens.
- Setup and programming of Cisco & Polycom Video Conference Systems helpful.
- Responsible for the installation of electronic communication equipment, including but not limited to: cable, speakers, and electronic devices.
- All installations must meet the highest quality standards while assuring a professional and safe working environment.
- Additional responsibilities may include assigning and overseeing the work by installers to ensure the safe, high quality, timely completion of the installation.
- Operating service department which includes coordinating subcontractors.
- Advise installers on best practices in installation and troubleshooting
- Train technicians and develop skills among employees
Go to http://sdtinc.applicantpro.com/jobs/ to apply.