The Information Technology Services (ITS) organization, a campus-wide provider of technology services for academic, research, and service missions, is seeking an Audio Visual Design Engineer in the Physical Infrastructure workgroup. The ideal candidate will be experienced in the design, planning and administration of A/V systems and related technologies.
We value candidates who can demonstrate a strong work ethic, ability to prioritize, and show dedication to attendance and meet project deadlines. Technical curiosity, self-motivation and strong attention to details are important characteristics for this position.
This Professional & Scientific full–time position will be filled as a Senior Communication Infrastructure Engineer (PIB3). This position requires occasional scheduled on-call and after-hours support. Annual salary range: (PIB3) $50K to commensurate.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Participate in the evaluation, and make recommendations of A/V systems on campus based on industry and University standards. Oversee the establishment of quality and quantity standards of AV systems.
- Test completed integrated A/V systems and train users as need.
- Document and record implemented A/V systems using Visio, Autocad, or other similar product.
- Reviews engineering consultants and architects A/V design, expenses, schedules, and service interruptions. This includes managing multiple medium to large scale projects involving all phases of work; providing technical and functional deliverables to meet customer/user needs and industry and University standards.
This person will represent ITS and Enterprise Infrastructure in partnerships with campus academic and administrative units, as well as representing the University of Iowa in collaboration efforts with other institutions.
- The selection process will include a credential and criminal background check on final candidates.
- To apply please visit: https://jobs.uiowa.edu/ and reference the position by classification Senior Communication Infrastructure Engineer (PIB3) or Requisition 64930.
The University of Iowa offers a full array of benefits, or cafeteria-style programs that ad considerable value to your total compensation. The flexibility allows you to select the option that best suits your personal needs.
- There are four "core" insurance benefits provided for all Faculty and Professional & Scientific staff as follows:
o Comprehensive Health Insurance plan
o Comprehensive Dental Insurance plan
o Group Term Life Insurance
o Disability Insurance
- Offers two retirement plans from which you may choose, both with generous University contributions as well as a Voluntary Retirement Savings Program.
- Provides Vacation, Sick Leave, Family Caregiving Leave, Catastrophic Leave and Holiday pay.
- Vacation accrues at 16 hours/month; the accrual rate includes 2 personal holidays.
- All regular employees receive 11 paid holidays: 9 scheduled holidays and 2 personal holidays that accrue and are taken as vacation.
- Offers a variety of wellness programs and membership incentives to our Campus Recreation and Wellness Center
- The option to deposit pre-tax money to use toward eligible health and dependent care spending accounts.
- More detailed information is available on the Benefits Office website: http://hr.uiowa.edu/benefits
On our beautiful campus spanning the Iowa River, our faculty and staff enjoy access to an array of cultural, educational, and recreational activities. Explore our site and see how The University of Iowa is striving to be your Employer of Choice. As an institution of higher education, we encourage and support your professional growth.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity I affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.