Audio Visual Integration
Summit Integration Systems, the nation’s leading provider of commercial audio/visual solutions in both the business and education markets is seeking a Programmer who is interested in being a part of our service oriented team.
Company: Summit Integration Systems
Location: San Antonio or Austin, TX
Status: Full Time
Job Category: Programming of Crestron/AMX & Biamp
Relevant Work Experience: 3+ years
Education Level: High School or Equivalent
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Work with Sales, Designers, Project Manager and Lead Field Technicians to help complete all phases of installation/programming process.
2. Assist with client and/or Field Technician in resolving service issues.
3. It is desired that the individual have vendor certification in the design and programming of integrated control systems with a minimum of 2 year post-certification programming experience. Crestron, BiAmp and or AMX experience preferred.
4. Comprehension of engineering drawings, wiring drawings and audio/video flow is necessary.
5. This person should be able to be independent, but also follow supervisory direction and be able to interact with fellow employees and customers in a professional manner. Observations by supervisors and peers will have a direct correlation to advancement success.
6. This person must be available for travel on short notice. Ability to adapt to pressure situations a must.
7. Have ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Also be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group settings with customers and fellow employees.
8. Ability to effectively use standardized company software programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Visio and Project, and familiarity with AutoCAD.
9. Proficient and efficient programming of control systems and touch panels, with attention to detail.
10. Assist Project Manager in creating an “End User How To Guide” for client.
11. Assist with in-house and onsite program troubleshooting and provide any other support to Integration Team members
12. Assigned tasks relating to project work are maintained in an organized manner and are regularly completed within the budgeted time.
13. Create programming modules to increase functionality of the integrated environment.
14. Track project programming hours.
15. Acquire programming information necessary for new and frequently used equipment implemented in an integrated environment.
16. Research design schemes for touch panel templates and ease-of-use functionality.
17. Evaluate new technology as it becomes available
18. Provide feedback to facilitate improvements to the installation process.
19. All assignments and responsibilities are handled in a satisfactory and timely manner.
20. Provide any other support to ensure Summit operates up to standards on a daily basis.
21. Some Travel Required