The Field Engineer is responsible for a variety of field and home-base duties associated with the proper installation and implementation of complex audiovisual systems. This position is responsible for ensuring proper installation of integrated systems, quality control of audiovisual infrastructure, testing and final calibrations. Interfacing with client to include demonstration of new system operations, client trainings, obtaining client sign-offs.
- Handles system testing, troubleshooting & optimization including fully test basic and integrated systems, developing and writing test reports and working and understanding testing equipment. Includes Basic System Configuration, Downloading & Testing of the following systems:
- Interactive Whiteboards
- Extron Products (Medialink, IPLink)
- Cisco & Polycom VTC Systems
- Polycom audio processor
- Installs ceiling/wall mounted speakers, displays, cameras, cabling infrastructure, AV racks, wall plates and interfaces (audio, video or control), microphones (ceiling, table, wired or wireless).
- Display screens (wall mounted, ceiling recessed, Interactive Whiteboards, rear-projection screens, etc.) Terminations including but not limited to audio, video and control connectors.
- Comply with Avolution Systems design and/or consultant specifications.
- Completion of assigned tasks within timeframe allocated by their supervisor
- Maintenance of a clean, neat, and safe worksite
- Attend a variety of meetings as required or directed
- Protect the confidentiality of information, including Client list and interactions within areas of own position responsibilities
- Promote a continuous quality improvement effort to enhance the services provided to clients and other Office Environments of New England staff by demonstrating positive attitudes and actions through a display of courtesy, congeniality, cooperation, initiatives, sensitivity, and professionalism
- Safety sensitive position that, at times, requires driving a company vehicle and/or using power tools.
- Perform other similar duties as required or directed