Onsite AV Support Technician
Location: Greater Newark Area
This position provides technical and operational support of audio-visual equipment and systems located within the following types of environments: business/corporate.
This position requires the ability to operate, maintain, install, service and repair complex electronic AV systems and equipment including 70 volt sound systems, low voltage displays, and technical AV test instruments. Candidates must also possess the ability to independently fabricate, modify, and/ or customize existing AV systems to meet all client requests and expectations. The ability to communicate effectively with diverse clientele including good written and oral communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills is required. Candidates must possess the ability to perform complex and time-critical tasks with optimum effectiveness and efficiency with little or no supervision in high-pressure situations.
• Setup and breakdown of all special events/corporate meetings
• Daily system testing to insure equipment and room functionality
• Seek resolution to all break fix issues by escalating to management of resolution
• Active monitoring of helpdesk dashboard for potential service issues
• Perform remote testing for local and regional offices
• Deliver executive level customer service and support to client
General duties and services:
• Power on all audio visual systems as required for use that day
• Administrate the asset management database
• Perform brief startup testing to ensure room/equipment in fully functional
• Provide AV-IT orientations to inform clients of system capabilities
• Provide daily support coverage for any AV-IT related equipment
• Troubleshoot any connection issues with Audio Visual systems
• Perform preventative maintenance on all related equipment
• Support video conferences
• Weekly / monthly reports on room utilization for Client management
• Open service desk tickets for subject matter experts support
• Perform routine testing and problem diagnosis
• Ability to test equipment and perform basic troubleshooting
• Ability to think and work independently and meet deadlines
• Effective interaction with employees and colleagues
• Adhere to and understand OSHA standards
• Cable Terminations - ability to Solder, Crimp, Compression and Punch-Down connections for audio, video, network, control, and power devices.
• Cable Media - ability to distinguish Coax, Mini-Hi- Res, Copper, Multi-Conductor, CAT-5, and Fiber Optic Cabling.
• Cable Handling - ability to maintain proper cable pull techniques, knowledge of American Standard Code regulations for Plenum and Non-Plenum rated cables.
• Rack and Field Termination - ability to maintain uniform cable dressing and secure system connections.
• Equipment Mounting - ability to physically perform the mechanical skills needed to mount AV Equipment such as PTZ Wall Cameras, LCD and Plasma Wall Displays, AV Rack Components and Multi-Purpose Monitor Display Arms.
• Equipment Configuration - ability to program and adjust system configurations to major AV components such as AV Routers, Scalers, Converters, Control Processors and Touch Panel devices.
• Technical Troubleshooting.