The Assistant Director of AV Integration (ADAI) will assist the Director of Media Services (DMS) and the Associate Director of Media Services (ADMS) in the management and maintenance of classroom control, digital signage and broadcast systems. The ADAI will work with other Assistant Directors to ensure the success of all productions sponsored by Olivet. The ADAI will also be responsible for the training and management of staff and student workers in the areas of classroom technology, digital signage and broadcast systems. Duties also include, but are not limited to, the support and maintenance of classroom technology and AV equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinate the programming, maintenance, support and documentation of classroom technology.
2. Coordinate the programming, maintenance, support and documentation of the campus digital signage.
3. Work with the ADMS and Assistant Director for Systems Maintenance (ADSM) to complete classroom and conference room installations.
4. Work with the ADMS and ADSM to evaluate, develop, and direct a preventive maintenance program for Media Services equipment.
5. Work with the ADMS to support the various AV infrastructures and devices maintained by Media Services.
6. Cross-train with other Media Services Staff to develop basic proficiency in key areas as defined by the Director of Media Services (CTV, Audio, Video, Presentation Software, & Lighting).
7. Prepare reports for the DMS, which include, but are not limited to, status of projects, use of facilities and equipment, training sessions, preventive maintenance schedule, and equipment and supply inventory.
The Assistant Director for AV Networking and Control will supervise the work of AV maintenance staff and student assistants. The ADAI will be responsible for managing classroom maintenance and support requests and training staff to support classroom and conference rooms.
The Assistant Director for AV Integration will work in various environments around campus. The primary location will be in the office. In addition to office time, the ADAI will be on site to resolve issues, replace equipment, and install new equipment. This could be in any of our classrooms on campus, our auditoriums, and the many School of Graduate and Continuing Studies classrooms located regionally.
The job consists of office time and some events. The ADAI will have to work nights and weekends in addition to the standard 8-5 office hours. In the typical office day, the ADAI could expect to do a myriad of tasks including, but not limited to, fixing classroom issues related to Crestron and other instructional technology, staffing an event, completing work orders, documentation, and helping another colleague with a work order issue.
Full-time, non-exempt hourly. Salary expectations are commensurate with experience. Candidates should remember with regard to salary that Olivet is a non-profit, non-union higher education institution.